The PE and sport premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
The government have pledged £150 million per annum to support P.E and school sport in primary schools. The Sport Premium Funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision for P.E and sport in schools. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport. The government have also announced a further commitment to P.E and sport until 2020.
We will be held accountable for how we have used the additional funding to support pupils progress and participation in P.E and school sport. We are required to publish on line information about how we have used the additional funding, including details about our sporting provision alongside curriculum details. This will ensure that parents, carers and others are made fully aware of the P.E and sporting opportunities available to children at All Saints.
All Saints C of E Primary School received £8,850 to improve the provision of PE and sport provision in the academic year 2015-16.
The funds allocated to our school have been used as follows:
- Staff training and professional development from specialist PE coaches
- Provision of specialist sports coaching for all pupils within the school
- Enhancing sports day activities for all pupils
- Extra-curricular clubs
- PE resources
- Provide resources and training courses in PE for teachers
- Sports competitions in School Games and with other schools
- Up skilling staff to teach PE adeptly